Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

Its a weekend. Mean he is not at work. I really struggle with my mental health anyway but when he is here i struggle even more. I have put on a act around him. Im really in no mood for putting on a act this weekend. I want get in bed and hide all weekend as its been such a emotionally draining week. I cant be bothered at all. I wish i could have spoken to woman aid a little longer today but it was just a drop in session.

KIP.
      Participant

Can you ring the helpline number on here and talk to someone?

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Weekends are awful with abusers.
      Can you pack a bag and stay at a (good!) hotel and order room service and recharge all weekend? Just lie to him and tell a girlfriend needs your help. Grab a bag and go. Take your phone&charger with you.
      Or go to a trusted friend or family member.
      I wish you can get some rest. I really do.

Alittlelost
      Participant

I could call the 24/7 womans aid helpline in my area but i cant call them because theres no where private i can talk because he is always with me. Im not allowed out on my own on weekends.

KIP.
      Participant

Once he’s sleeping?

Cecile
      Participant

If you are not allowed out on your own does that mean he is keeping you prisoner? Or a hostage?

Hetty
      Participant

I really feel for you. Could you lie and say someone is seriously ill and you need to visit them? Could you pretend to be ill yourself and need to be in bed? Tell him you have a migraine and fake a sickness bout? It’s so awful having to be with them on weekends. I’m in a similar situation this weekend. It’s awful to dread the weekend when it should be a nice relaxing time for us xx

Cecile
      Participant

I am quite worried for you….it is quite abnormal to not be able to go out on your own. Could you email the police for advice? Crime stoppers have a good service. Is there any friends as Hetty asks who can give you space? I hope this can help you x

Alittlelost
      Participant

I dont want police involved. I sm making a exit plan to just him and move away in next few months.

Alittlelost
      Participant

I am allowed out in week just not weekends.

hop
      Participant

I hope that the time passes quickly sweetheart with nothing major. Take care of yourself. Does he go out? If he does try to go to bed for a bit then. Take care xx

Alittlelost
      Participant

No he wont go out anywhere. I just have put up with it till im strong enough to leave this relationship. Ive only just opened my eyes to his behaviours even though others have told me for years im being abused in multiple ways.

Womans aid are calling me monday when he is at work. We will make a get out plan. I just feel so c**p

Hetty
      Participant

Keep focused on Monday. Journal on your phone if you can. Keep thinking about your exit plan. Let his words wash over you. Remember it’s all projection of his inner c**p. What he says about you is how he views himself. Stay strong. Monday will be here soon xx

Alittlelost
      Participant

Thanks so much for ur support. I have no one else to talk to about it. My friends are angry with me because i now want there help after turning them away so many times when they have told me he is abusing me. I always defended him.im so stupid….i still love hin

Hetty
      Participant

Loving an abuser is complex as is leaving. You’re not on your own on here. Keep posting over the weekend when you can xx

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content