Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Catjam
      Participant

We seem to be in a weird state. He maybe losing his job so he keeps talking about money. I don’t engage. He wants me to pay more but I refuse to discuss it because I will end up with nothing each month and he will be buying and spending as normal. See not totally stupid.
      But we have settled into a strange limbo. Nothing dramatic is happening, everything is as it was just no intimate connection of any kind. I feel numb to some stuff.
      Is this normal?

KIP.
      Participant

I became numb because of too much abuse. Emotional overload which can be very dangerous because I didn’t recognise the danger I was in. Abuse really messes with our heads x

Catjam
      Participant

Another talk after midnight. He needs to be close, he needs affection. A long list of things he has changed.
      Nothing like our (detail removed by moderator) who is clearly like him. Even down to some of the stuff said. But hubby is upset and disgusted I would compare them. How my sister has told my older 2 to stay out of our issues because we need to sort it out but she is sticking her oar in, oh and don’t forget how jealous she is of you.
      I asked him if he had rung any of the abuser programme numbers, he got angry at this point. His gp is supposed to be chasing all that up because hubby didn’t get anywhere. I said no, the gp is chasing up someone for your depression not us. He was still angry but I didn’t back down.
      So just another circular chat with nothing except exhaustion to show for it, all because he walked in the room and I was undressed ready to jump in the shower, he’s not seen me undressed for 3 months.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content