Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

A voice message from the latest abuser. I dont know how as ive blocked his number. He said hope your ok?. How he were taking his daughter to (detail removed by Moderator) soon. How hes more relaxed now. And hes happier and has changed a lot and stopped lying. And asked if my boys were ok? But i look at what he were like love bombing compulsive liar chasing other women on social media.(detail removed by Moderator) after we seperated he had arranged to meet a girl(detail removed by Moderator)younger than him by lying and saying he were much younger. How could he of stopped lying and a changed charachter over night?? X

iwillbeok
      Participant

Hi Icandothis,

Simple truth is – he hasn’t. He’s hoovering – trying to hook you back in. Stay strong and ignore.

Hugs for you x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Keep strong and keep away, he will not have changed, they know exactly what to say to convince you that they have changed. The younger woman part, again to make you feel bad. Something I got threatened with constantly, if I didn’t comply he would trade me in for a younger model! Let him go and try to feel pity for whoever he is with. Mine said I’ve moved on, I have no idea who with but would guarantee a younger model, I pity her whoever she is, I hope & pray she is educated about Red flags, he will be intense the first few months but then will begin his slow deciduous tormenting of her personality, he will be at the stage of learning about all of her vulnerabilities, which are a later date will be used against her. With mine she will be unaware that he is mentally ill, she will be told not to believe anything she hears from his family as they are all compulsive liars. Abusers don’t change & if it appears they have and that the new woman is a proper woman, unlike you or I or anyone on here, bless them, one day they will be seeking advice & questioning themselves about are they normal, is there something wrong with them. Keep strong xx

Suntree
      Participant

Empty promises to try and bring you back in.
      The only way they change is to pretend to be nice so they can get away with worse abuse towards you.
      I would now if you can change your phone number.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Icandothis I lately have been thinking alot about blocking numbers, changing numbers, same with emails. I think even if you blocked his number, he could use anyone’s phone to call you, so blocking I think when they tell you to do this seems not the answer. I think they will always find a way to make contact, even via through other people, Something that really bothers me, I feel so ill because of him, will be such a struggle to pull through too. I feel like I don’t want to trust anyone for fear he will get to know anything about my life, I through past experiences know that my future will be very private, for safety & for my own sanity too, There will be a lot of people who seem they care, want to help but really all they are doing is gaining information to gossip about. Abuse is the hardest thing to cope with, live through, escape from & try to recover from. Stay strong xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content