Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

With the boys walking my dog and I got this real emptiness kind of feeling inside of missing him and missing that family unit and the good times. And I actually thought were it really sorry but I coped with it and thinking could I cope with it again. He seems to be cracking on with things fine wanted single life but a bit of me too. I’ll never get over it xx

Serenity
      Participant

Try to remember how it was when he was there on days out. Did you feel stressed, hurried? Was he hard to please, unkind, neglectful, abusive?

Did he make a real effort to make each day or event really special for you and your kids? Or did he just take your energy, expecting you to entertain and run around after him, and get annoyed when he wasn’t the focus?

Did he try to wreck nice events, especially ones you had planned or gone to a lot of effort for?

Now you are free to go at your own pace, and focus in you and the boys and your own experiences in life.

It takes time to get used to being alone in the family set up, and venturing out can be a painful reminder of the new circumstances, but you will grow in strength and build new memories to replace the old ones xxxxx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content