Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Yesterday I paid my grandma a visit which were lovely took her some lovely daffodils. She knew a bit about my ex but told her a bit more she said u should of got rid of him immediately. I thought I haven’t the energy to go into living with the dominater so I just started crying I’m beginning to see a bit more now I were brain clouded living with an actor callous horrible twisted it’s a terrible ordeal…. X

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi BD

I have been ask why didn’t I leave years ago, it creeps up on us, I didn’t know what to do or where to turn so I stayed put for three decades. But we have now.

I have days when I can talk about what I’ve been through other days I cry.

Its going to talk time but we will get there.

FS xx

Ayanna
      Participant

We are all in disbelief and denial when this happens. I was so much in love. I adored him. When he first hit me I could not belief that this actually happened. I trusted him when he explained that this was an accident and he would never hit a woman. He was manipulative, a perfect gaslighter, played mind games, isolated me…. It all crept up bit by bit until I was in the midst and did not know what to do.
      I do not talk about it to my family. I have not met people yet who understand. The best place to talk is this forum.
      We will have good lives again. x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content