Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      BigBoldBeautiful
      Participant

I’ve stuck with it for (detail removed by moderator) years but finally snapped when my youngest was born and he was do awful, I couldn’t pretend anymore. Hes very soft spoken(except when hes shouting at us at home) … I’ve tried everything to get an amicable end to this but hes getting more and more unreasonable. He wants me penniless and on the street where I have no family to go to. He’s turning my kids against me and really manipulating them… And I’m frightened that if I have to go to on unreasonable behaviour…well….I just want to be free and give my kids a normal space away from the dysfunction of him and his family…my kids have never had full acceptance from their gran cos they are mix race…and worried now I’ve reached the top of the mountain the thought of court fills me with dread and thoughts of having to cope with disbelief from the system…and the inherent racism on top of that…

fizzylem
      Participant

Depends what you decide to do, will it be divorce / child custody battle / and or a police complaint about the DA.

Try to gather evidence of his unreasonable behaviour while you can.

Speak to the GP, get the abusive relationship on your medical record.

Call womens aid and work on your exit plan; get a support worker from the local womens aid charity, the number is usually on your local council’s website x

diymum@1
      Participant

racism + abusive behaviour wont be looked kindly on by the courts – they take racism very seriously. he wont get away with it – get your evidence against him in place. his biggotry might actually go in your favour! court sounds daunting but because its such a long drawn out process the first hearing is the worst. i went to court seven times over three years by the last hearing i was able to laugh away with the womens aid support that came with me. i was determined he wouldnt see me crumble. with time youll get stronger n*d when your prepared paperwork wise your ready + telling the truth is alot easier to do under pressure than lie through your teeth like them xx the sheriff knows he see this day in day out he can see who is not sincere i believe xxxx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content