Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thankful
      Participant

I wouldn’t take this sort of abuse off a boyfriend so why have I taken it off my son for so long. It doesn’t stop, I involved police before, I had huge meltdown at work, they called the police who came round to check I hadn’t done myself any harm. I have been contacting ppl to ask for help. I’m glad I learnt about this. Just feel so ALONE

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Thankful,

I’m so sorry to hear what you have been going through with your son. This is unacceptable. You should not be having to hide away in your bedroom, in your own home. Your right also; you wouldn’t take this behaviour from a partner, so why feel as you have to from your son? Abuse is abuse. When it’s your child, understandably, there can be conflicting and confusing emotions, but please know that ultimately no one has the right to treat you this way. You have every right to take action.

Perhaps the best next step would be talking all your concerns through with your local domestic abuse service. They can provide both emotional and practical help. They will inform you of your options and help you see them through. They can also assist you in approaching the police again to ensure they are supporting you appropriately.

Keep posting to let us know how you get on. Do take care and private message me if you have any issues with getting the help you need.

Lisa

Thankful
      Participant

Thanx Lisa. I’m so glad I found this. I am so confused. My mother didn’t support me so I know what it’s like to be totally alone. Think that’s why I can’t do as anything right now. I’m bit weak at the mo, just feel like I’m in a bubble that’s not going anywhere or doing anything. Dont know why I’m thankful but I reckon it’s a positive in my life so I’ll carry on trying to get stronger and maybe then I can actually do something. I brought up 3 children on my own, one is now (detail removed by Moderator)and the other is (detail removed by Moderator). It must be my fault that my youngest is so bad to me. Can’t think anything else at the moment. Guess that’s why I’m thankful, 2 put of 3 ain’t bad. Perhaps I deserve his treatment of me

Twisted Sister
        Participant

you definitely don’t deserve this treatment of you, off anyone.

I replied to another post of yours, but just seen that you are blaming yourself here for your son’s treatment of you.

Hopefully your other grown children can also see his treatment of you is so very wrong. If he’s unhappy with you he should just walk away, but no, he’s bullying you and abusing you, that isn’t your fault, its his choice to treat you this way and often done as a result of other influencers, such as the people he keeps company with, or his own sense of entitlement to treat women this way, which can often stem from patriarchal structures in society raising men above women, things like ‘being the head of the family’ nonsense and such like are suprprisingly common still. Many men still feel its their place to dominate and control women, there is nothing you can do about that other than separate yourself from it. You won’t be able to stop it.

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content