Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bananaboat
      Participant

I saw this earlier and it hit a nerve in a positive way so thought I’d share, especially for everyone wondering why he’s not been in touch and if they should do something:

‘It means that they’ve understood you are too difficult to be controlled, used, manipulated or mistreated. It means you’ve realised you won’t accept their behaviour. They were aware of the change in you, probably in the same way you’ve noticed the lack of change in them. You should be proud that they aren’t hoovering you back in because they see there’s little chance in destroying you. It doesn’t mean they have someone else, it means they can’t control you anymore’

So be proud ladies! I know it’s hard and hurts, but you got this xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Bananaboat

Thank you so much for thinking of everyone on the forum and sharing this. It’s always nice to have a positive post on here that gives survivors hope.

I hope you are feeling proud of yourself too!

Best wishes

Lisa

longjourneylife
      Participant

Thanks for sharing. I realise I was just a Host. I could have been anyone or anything, as long as I served unquestionably. No more. Bye bye Mr user and abuser.

Put the kettle on
      Participant

Thanks for this, I’m in the phase of being discarded and it really hurts

Bananaboat
        Participant

I’m sorry you’re going through this. The coldness really hurts xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content