Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      solivagant
      Participant

What happens when you take out a claires law and the information you were given is about a completely different person and they only reason you found it out is because you made an application for Sarah’s law. The police only suspect that I’ve been given the wrong information and I’m suppose to wait to see what Sarah’s law brings back?!?!?

iliketea
      Participant

Confused. You took out a Claires Law or Sarah’s Law? or both?

solivagant
      Participant

Both. I initially took out a claires law a while ago and because of what that brought back I decided to take out a Sarah’s law just in case…because I’d applied to take out Sarah’s law thats when they discovered they gave me the wrong Claires law a few months ago!

Eggshells
      Participant

So did the correct Claire’s law sea ch bring anything up?

solivagant
        Participant

They haven’t done one. I was told I hate to wait until I got Sarah’s law back and then if it didn’t come up in that to make a new application for Claire law

iliketea
      Participant

So you mean you have information on a different person who has come up under both Clares Law and Sarahs Law?

solivagant
        Participant

I haven’t had Sarah’s law info yet.
        Just the wrong information for Claire law

iliketea
      Participant

I must be tired, I still don’t get what happened! Sorry. If it was originally on the wrong person why did you do a Sarah’s Law, or what the Clare’s Law said meant you then did a Sarah’s Law on the person you wanted to originally have Clare’s Law information on?!! I’m tired! Haha. Sorry.

solivagant
        Participant

Haha.
        So I took out a Claires law on ex partner months ago. Got the information. I asked an officer if Sarah’s law would also be disclosed in a Claines law and he never got back to me. So today I called up enquiring about sarahs law asking if I needed to make a separate application (turns out you do) so I made a separate application for Sarah’s law. A few hours late I got a call back saying they think the Claire law that was disclosed to me months ago is a completely different person as it doesn’t match the details I gave them today. Plus the other person isn’t even in England.

Happydaysagain
      Participant

Iv recently made a Claire’s law application and had the disclosure back so hope I can help.

Have you had information on the wrong person?

solivagant
        Participant

yes. I’ve been given then information for a completely different person (doesn’t even have same name)

iliketea
      Participant

That is mad (sorry that’s all I can manage!! going to bed now zzzz x)

iliketea
      Participant

One question, does that mean it can apply to someone from another country? But has to have happened in the UK? (Sorry, I know that’s not anything to do with your question)

solivagant
        Participant

They live in the UK just not in England. So I guess it also includes, Scotland, Wales and Ireland 🤷🏼‍♀️

queenmaeve
      Participant

Does Ireland have Claire’s law?

solivagant
        Participant

Yes I’m pretty sure they do

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Solivagent.

I think I would just make a new Claire’s law request on him. I’m not sure why you would need to wait for the Sarah’s law check to come back. I’m guessing you have made the Sarah’s law check because there are children that you have concern for.

Sarah’s law check for the children, Claire’s law check for you. They are not related and designed to protect different people. You need to protect yourself and the children that you are concerned for at the same time so surely you can ask them to do the Claire’s law check at the same time as the Sarah’s law check and ask them to make sure that they check the right person this time?

solivagant
        Participant

I will call up tomorrow and see what the best option is 😊👍

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content