Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      1hotcoffee1
      Participant

Occupational and non molestation order in place and still the police won’t do anything, what is the point? Just feel like giving up, what more can I physically do apart from put myself in danger??

Watersprite
      Participant

Hey – it sounds like you have done everything right! Keep reaching out and speak to women’s aid – they
      Might offer you refuge if not safe to stay at home.
      Keep reporting to police as
      It will be logged and hopefully they will act. But I hear you and I personally don’t get why the threshold seems so very high for police to take action. Well done for getting out tho and getting those orders it took great courage and you have been believed. Take care and sending support x

KIP.
      Participant

Do you have a power of arrest attached to the orders? Even without the orders if he’s harassing you or stalking you or putting you in a state of fear and alarm then he’s breaking the law. Talk to the domestic abuse police unit and if that won’t help them get your local MP involved. Don’t give up. The point is hes counting on you giving up. Abusers have stamina but so do we 💪

diymum@1
      Participant

i agree the secret is to keep going this is a pattern of behaviour if he is violent i agree this shouldny be allowed keep knocking at all those doors to your GP your MP complain to the governing body of the police force xx do what you have to do and things will change you have rights xx

1hotcoffee1
      Participant

Thank you for responses, I have complained to anyone and everyone, yet here I am, I’ve done everything the correct and legal way, yet here I am.

I feel so bad for the women out there who have it far worse than I do, the struggle is crippling and immensely frustrating, but I shall keep going, I will keep fighting, I have not come this far for nothing.

Thank you all xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content