Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunflower1
      Participant

So my abusive partner has banned my sister from visiting, she was coming to see me (detail removed by moderator) but last time she was here she commented that I could do with more help and support around the house, he took that personally and it became a massive argument with him shouting at me. My sister doesn’t know this, I haven’t opened up to her about what he’s like or how bad things are. At first I said he’s not banning my family from visiting and stood my ground and put up with the abuse I got from saying that but now I don’t know if I want her to come, I don’t want her to feel uncomfortable or have more abuse and arguments about it. I feel like if she comes I am going to have to tell her everything and I’m trying to keep it all to myself at the moment until I can get out. My sister will help I know but she lives away and although she’s said in the past I am always welcome at her house I wouldn’t take the kids that far away from their dad. Do you think I should make an excuse to my sister and stop her coming or let her come and warn her it might end in a massive argument? Thank you

queenmaeve
      Participant

No, I don’t think that you should stop your sister from coming. I think you should open up to her about what’s going on so that she can support you. Don’t let him control you x

Sunflower1
      Participant

This was my first thought, I did argue the point and got a load of abuse and he said some really horrible things about my family but then he started again tonight and I just don’t want to put her through it. I think I should tell her everything though and let her make the decision, she is very capable of standing up for herself but I’m worried too it’s all going to end in a huge argument and I don’t want to have to put the kids through that either. I’m desperately trying to keep the peace until we can get out, it’s hard to bite your tongue though when they try and control you and tell you who you can and can’t see.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content