Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Goldenrainbow
      Participant

My ex hasn’t been in our childs life as he threatened to harm my child aswell as other disgusting things and he was physically and emotionally abuse to me for years and through my pregnancy, I gave him a chance quite awhile ago to see our child under supervision (after promises he had changed) but within days he resorted back to his old self, leaving me shattered cause I felt I had put myself and my child at risk.

I’ve had him blocked on social media for ages but in the last few days he has messaged me on social media off different accounts and posted a (detail removed by moderator). I just blocked the other accounts and ignored the (detail removed by moderator) but now I feel on edge again.

I just don’t trust his intentions one bit. Do I message him telling him to leave us alone? Or ignore it?

KIP.
      Participant

I’d contact the police. Don’t message him because then he can say it’s just an argument. Get the police involved telling them about your past and that you fear for your safety. Get them to speak to him officially. They can tell him not to contact you and never to come to your door. That way if he continues they have officially warned him and can take action. There are legal measures if he wants to see his child.

KIP.
      Participant

Also contact your local women’s aid for support. They may have more local knowledge of the police domestic abuse unit.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content