Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all. I work full time so cannot really commit to the Freedom programme I wish I could. What can I do in the evenings or weekends? I want to be around people in the same situation as me but then I’m worried it might be triggering for me. I’ve been on the counselling waiting list for a month now I have another two months to wait! Please help xxxx

Serenity
      Participant

The Freedom course can be done online:

In terms of meeting other people in the same boat, I don’t know whether you might contact your local DV outreach service to ask for their advice?

http://www.freedomprogramme.co.uk/online.php
      Xx

Oh wow I didn’t know I could do it online! That will really really help me. Thank you 😊

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

AS WELL AS DOING ONLINE, I FOUND READING LOADS OF BOOKS ON ABUSE HELPED ME, AND POSTING ON HERE AS MUCH AS U NEED TO, IF THERES ANYONE U R CLOSE TO ON HERE P MESSAGE THEM, HAVE U GOT A FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER

Hi thanks. I’ve stopped reading the books but I’ll start again. I’ve also had my DV support worker get in touch which is great because my old one left. Thanks I really appreciate it x*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi PL

I do the freedom program when I’m on holiday. Not ideal but it’s good to have the contact.

FS xx

SaharaD
      Participant

I was able to negotiate hours out of work to complete my therapy groups and courses. Of course I made back up the time elsewhere. You don’t have to tell them what it is but just say it was a support group recommended by your GP.

Morninh ladies thank you. I will do this 😊. I also have time booked off soon so Ill be seeing my DV lady which Im really lookinh forward to as I have only seen my lady once! Ive spoken to her on the phone. I haven’t got all the professional support around me that I need so Im trying to do that now. I don’t want this to beat me I want to beat it! X

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content