Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Losingbattle
      Participant

So obviously I’m here yet again. And it’s the umpteenth time I ended my relationship. But I’m in a rut. Hes still in the house only this time he refuses to leave. I’m really struggling. I’m scared to report him. I’ve just sat, and yes I’ve had a couple of beers to numb the pain. I’m thinking about packing mine and the kids things. Just clothes, photos and essentials and never coming back. Going to my mum’s. Who doesn’t have the room but I know she’ll take us in. My question is, what support would I get if I do put in a formal report? I’m on the council waiting list but will I get any extra support in finding a home? This is the worst its ever been

KIP.
      Participant

As a family fleeing domestic abuse I would have thought they’d have prioritised you. Talk to you local women’s aid. There are new laws about the perpetrators being removed to prevent women and children being made homeless but your local women’s aid can tell you more. Mine came to the housing department with me at the local council. They have a duty to rehome you. Try to keep a secret journal of his abuse and any evidence that you can. My first though is to have him removed by reporting him but if you can’t do that then I’d get out of there safely when you can. With support from you mum and family they could help you make your next move. If it’s your house then you can ask the police to remove him. You can also get a non molestation order to keep him away. Talk to women’s aid and your local police about your options but if you’ve reached breaking point then I’d leave and go to your mums but do it safely x

Losingbattle
      Participant

So I put in a small report to the police. Hes still In the house. I have an interview with the police this week. However my husband is leaving this weekend. I’m not 100% that i actually want them to speak to him. My question is. If i make a statement to the police but say i don’t want them to question him and just keep the statement for record purposes are they likely to listen to me?

KIP.
      Participant

I don’t believe your husband is going anywhere. Abusers are liars. Please make that statement and ask the police for help. They may have the powers to make him leave and not return. These abusers will come back time and time again and you need protection for the future not just now. My understanding is if you make a statement and there is concern for your safety then the police have to act otherwise they would be criticised for doing nothing for a vulnerable victim but that’s something you can ask. I’m my experience these men just say what we want to hear. He could be gone now if he wanted to. Please tell the police everything.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content