• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Lisa.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Statshine
      Participant

So, I stupidly got into another relationship after fleeing my last one.
      Same situation again.
      I am a reasonably high earner with no children and a dog. credit rating is shot thanks to both relationship.
      How do I leave?
      I could give up my job but then would struggle to find another one.
      I can’t rent somewhere else (my name is still on the tenancy for the first relationship as we ran up arrears paying for all his wants) I don’t have any rights to where I am loving now it’s his property.
      Will I get help to find another rental? I knownthe council do rental schemes could I do that?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Statshine,

Thank you for sharing with us. You are doing the right thing by reaching out for support and finding out your options.

You could contact Shelter line to discuss your housing rights. Shelter offer free and confidential housing information, support and legal advice on all housing and homelessness issues. They have a live chat service, and an emergency helpline available on 0808 800 44 44 (8am-8pm weekdays, 9am-5pm weekends). https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help

Have you had any contact with your local domestic abuse service? They can often offer ongoing emotional and practical support including helping you to make a plan to leave. You can find your local service using this link: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/womens-aid-directory/

Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content