Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kitty
      Participant

For a year or so after I became ‘free’ I was euphoric. Since then the abuse is really affecting me. I have nightmares most nights. I feel low all of the time. I have panic attacks – I just had to come home after attempting to attend a lecture at university. What’s happening to me? I can hardly leave the house these days. Last year I was going to fitness classes, joined a singing group, was happy at university. I don’t understand this……

Anon123
      Participant

I totally understand how you are feeling. I guess our awful memories catch up with us and it’s our bodies way of dealing with it.
      It helps me plan one thing to look forward to every day -however small, also to just take little steps and not try to plan ahead. I focus on what I’m doing for the next few hours or if really bad the next 15mins,
      It does get easier, you’ve gone through so much.
      Counselling helped me.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content