Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Discombobulated2022
      Participant

After police being called it’s gone deathly silent.
      One email agreeing that cooling off is needed and he won’t see the kids for now.
      This is unusual for him and disconcerting for me.

My mind is going into overdrive.
      1. Is he punishing me with silence in the hope I will say sorry I want him back etc?
      2. Has he had enough finally, sought legal advise and is out to take all I’ve got financially and destroy me in any way that’s left?
      3. Is he planning a revenge act?
      4. Is he planning on running off with my kids?
      5. Is he done and just wants to move on?

Normally it goes a bit quiet and then the contact gradually increases before then being nice to me. This is weird and worrying.

tryingtosleep
      Participant

Hi @Discombobulated2022
      Reading this makes me realise I’m not the only one.

Previously my ex has sent me millions of messages/calls / constantly harrasing me…

Now it goes all quiet and it’s almost eerie.

You’re always waiting for the next move…

I feel guilty for not contacting him re: contact with the kids but tbh I’m scared to….

Good luck!

Discombobulated2022
        Participant

YES! Tryingtosleep
        And I’m finding I’m feeling jealous of whoever he’s talking to instead. It’s almost like I WANT him to contact me!
        Then I think he might finally have given up on me. And I do want to be free of this, but then I also feel sad if he’s moved on.
        Wow- what a head wreck!

tryingtosleep
      Participant

I’m not jealous – just constantly anxious as I don’t know what his next move is.

Checking emails, phone messages about 1000 times a day.

Even when I sleep it’s in my dreams 😴

I need a break 😭😂

StrongLife
      Participant

I get confused on what he he going to do next. It’s very difficult to guess. You can only respond to it. I speak to counsellors and they don’t know but have information on what they normally do.

I’ve gone no contact.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content