Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful ladies,
      I thought I would put a post on for the weekend as I know many of you struggle over this time and this could give you something to focus on.
      My question is… What is your intention?
      Where ever you are at in life it is always good to have an intention, an idea of what you want to happen and where you are heading.
      Especially being in an abusive relationship this will give you focus and also hope that things can and will change.
      You don’t have to know all the in’s and out’s of your intention, this can come at a later stage but for now … What is your intention?
      It could be for example that you just want to be happy and not walk on eggshells everyday … so then start to look into this some more and think… what is happy to me? How would I feel? What would I look like? How would I speak? etc.
      Your intention could be that you want to be free and independent, again ask yourself what would this look like?… Would it be a full or part time job?, What job would it be doing? Would it be your own house or flat or living with a friend or family member? Where would this be?
      Start then to go into more detail each time you think about your intention until you can feel how that would feel to you to be living this intention.
      Keep it in your mind and each day build on it, feel into it more.
      If we have no intention in life at all we have no direction and because of this we can be thrown around like a ball in a pinball machine, never getting to where we want to or need to get to.
      Start to visulise and carve out your intention.
      If you are able to write it down as this will make it even more real and powerful.
      If any of you ladies are interested in going into this in a little more detail I would love to support you and share my experiences of this with you, so just drop me a private message so not to clog up the forum!
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Darcy,

I just wanted to say thank you for writing this post, you are always so supportive to everyone on the forum.

This post gives us something to think about, having something to aim for and some hope is very important.

Take care and thank you again,

Lisa

Darcy
        Participant

Thank you Lisa, I can only speak from my own experience and what worked for me in my situation.
        I know that as soon as I turned my thinking around my life changed quicker than I could have ever imagined and for the better, and because of this I am so passionate about sharing this with other ladies.
        My intention … to empower ladies to know their truth worth xx

iliketea
      Participant

Thank you Darcy. This is really good for focussing. Ive just cleared my notice board and am going to put pictures and words up for my Intention, what makes me happy, things I’d like to be doing, places to see, things to learn. Love it. Thank you for the reminder and push. xx

Darcy
        Participant

Hi iliketea… I love this that you are putting things on your noticeboard.
        Having a visual of what you want is so powerful.
        I’d love to know how this works for you, so let me know.
        We write the story of our lives… no one else xx

Rising Tide
      Participant

This is really helpful to read. I’ve spent too much time today rehashing the past. Your post reminded me to reflect on how different my life already feels and to feel good about the steps I’ve put in place to reclaim my life and my freedom.

Darcy
        Participant

Hi Rising Tide, we do forget how far we have come, so looking back is a great measure of this. Give yourself some praise for what you have achieved and what is different now.
        Keep putting new steps in everyday to reclaim your life and freedom, this will just strengthen your foundations more and more so they will not ever be rocked again
        xx

Watersprite
      Participant

Love this Darcy 🙏 – had such a tough week but a first had some family round felt low about how they would find me – my rented place so far from my former life, kids and i so traumatised. Set my intention – shine not shame. And it was great no air’s and graces just us living authentically and vulnerably – shining safe and free x

Darcy
      Participant

I love that watersprite… shine not shame… brilliant!
      Work at making your rented place home with your kids. Get them to do some pictures to pin on a notice board, Or you could all decorate some positive quotes to stick around the house where you can read them out loud when you see them.
      Light a candle, get some good food on the go and play some feel good songs … it will soon feel like home.
      It is not the building that you are in that is home, it’s the space and energy you hold… and energy can be changed at anytime so switch this up to make a homely feeling.
      If this is not your forever home, start to visulise with the kids what your forever home will look like, really feel into it. Cut out photos and write down how it will feel to be there and I am sure it will only be a matter of time before you are xx

ISOPeace
      Participant

I love this post Darcy, and all the inspiring replies. I can be a bit of a magpie with self improvement ideas and kept thinking of lots of different intentions. I know from experience that I can’t focus on too many things at once, so started to think about what the essence behind all the different intentions was. I realised that my true intention is simply to live from love. If all my actions come from a loving intention I don’t think I can go too far wrong.

Thanks again Darcy, your posts are always so beautifully and lovingly written. It’s easy to forget to post the positive stuff so I really grateful to you and others who keep the positive posts going. xxxx

Darcy
        Participant

Wow… ISOPeace!
        Thank you for your reply… it made me very emotional.
        I love how you have worked out through all your intentions that the one clear one is to live from love. That is so beautiful and you are absolutely right, you cant go wrong when you live from your heart. Yes, at times you may feel alone and like an outsider but you wont for long, you have to live your truth.
        I know multitasking is meant to be a great skill, but one of my favourite sayings is ‘chase two rabbits, you catch none’ … so if you are going to do something or want to set an intention focus your whole energy on it this will give it your greatest power.
        There is only one alternative to positive … and why would you choose that option!!
        Keep leading with love my darling xx

Eggshells
      Participant

I love some of the ideas in this thread. They are inspiring and have definitely given me food for thought. I’m struggling with my one intention. I definitely embrace the ideas that the other ladies have put on the board.

I think if I had to put just one idea down it would be to voyage. I mean a voyage through life. Just imagine the possibilities, the options of which route to take, the discoveries.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content