Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

I thought I’d share this if you haven’t already read this book it’s very en
      lighting and its actually given me new hope xx

Here’s something I’ve read

The presence of an abusive man in the household affects how each family member gets along with all of the others.
      It isn’t yiur fault if your children are exhibiting problems with infighting, verbal abusiveness,or violence toward each other -but it is up to you to address those problems because no one else can.

Your children need your leadership to guide them back toward treating each other well and sharing love and support.

You and your children have a common need for healing and solidarity.Help your children understand that what hurts one of them hurts the whole family,and what helps one of them brings benefit to all.Be a team.

Take pride in the efforts you and your children are already making to be good to each other,stand up for yourselves and each other, and build a life that breaks out of the mold the abusive man is trying to form. Celebrate the courage and kindness that is already present. Despite the harm yiur partners behaviour patterns may have caused,a current toward joy and health still flows in your family,and you will see it if you watch for it.

Well I’m going try this time round! Luv diymum xx

fizzylem
      Participant

I’d say you’ve already got it in the bag DM.

I think if we put in the work in their early years when we have them, even if they leave us for a while in their early adult years, they do come back, because the foundation has been set. This isn’t the end. Stand firm. Be you. It will come good at some point even though it doesn’t feel like it now. Sometimes, I think it’s not until our children become parents themselves that they really start to see and understand the parents they had and what the job entails – so it’s at this point relationships begin to heal x*x

diymum@1
      Participant

Child contact xx

ElasticHeart
      Participant

This book is amazing- I felt like someone had actually seen what went on behind closed
      doors. My mum bought herself a copy so she could understand and help more too which meant a lot.

diymum@1
      Participant

It’s a revaluation isn’t it such a help. I read this after I fought my case ! Oh well got there 💕glad it helps 😘we’re thinking about setting up a watts app group for child contact ? Pm me if you need some support there’s a few of us xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content