Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      orchid7
      Participant

He has been harassing and stalking since the night I left, for a number of years now. Deleted social media etc changed number etc but he uses different methods. We don’t have children so no reason for him to contact. He doesn’t turn up, it’s all online, or he hasn’t been threatening, mostly plays Mr nice guy. I’ve told him repeatedly it’s over and he still won’t stop years later. Too scared to get a non mol or SPO. How long will he go on for? 🙁 x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Orchid7,

I’m so sorry to hear that your ex is still harassing and stalking you online, it sounds like a really distressing situation.

There shouldn’t be any pressure to take any steps that you don’t feel ready for or don’t want to do, but it might be helpful to access some advice around your options.

The National Stalking Helpline might be a good place to start with this: https://www.suzylamplugh.org/pages/category/national-stalking-helpline

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

orchid7
      Participant

Hi Lisa thank you for your response I will get into contact with them thank you

StrongLife
      Participant

It took a long while – maybe (detail removed by Moderator) years?? I had to move house (detail removed by Moderator) times too. Finally I did not reply to his abusing txt messages.

I came off all social media. I do all sorts of things in addition that I cannot go into. I too also called hotlines for advice on this behaviour

orchid7
        Participant

Hi StrongLife, thank you for your message. It’s just so unfair isn’t it x

StrongLife
      Participant

Yes, being called then triggered not good. He did finally stop. It’s bad to be living your life he rings and hangs up. It’s like an echo from long ago in another life attempting to drag you back in.

I am 1 year into stalking post leaving. We have kids together and it terrifies me. He calls and messages 20+ times a day, comes to my street whenever he likes and messages to say he is outside ( which would be distressing and confusing for the kids to accidentally run into him etc. particularly if they are in childcare). He knocks on my door. Comes to my office. I don’t ever engage I tell him not to etc and he can see the kids at weekly park dates but a year on he has gotten worse.

Can anyone tell me how long before it will stop?

Watersprite
      Participant

Have you blocked him on everything? Tell your work place… they have to safeguard you whilst there. Have you thought of a non molestation ordr? I got one free via NCDV and social services. Or DV assist? It was terrifying but without that and police he would never have stopped he did eventually it’s taken a long time. Have you spoken to a lawyer? You know him best it’s so unfair – there also stalking organisations for support. Do you have an IDVA? Take care

StrongLife
      Participant

Ex was coming to door for a while. I relocated. He stopped coming to door because he does not know where door is😀.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content