Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

This morning it were all peaceful and quiet. the boys were still asleep and I could just hear the birds singing. And I thought if my ex had been here I’d of felt all tense and miserable. I guess I’m still trying to get used to a different way of life now. He used to get up on a school morning for work sit in his favourite arm chair with his remote watching the news shaking his legs in and out u could see his head doing overtime too. Then f.ing at the news on the Tele in a really agressive manner I used to look across at him as if to say what the hells wrong with u you l*****c. The anger he had inside were unbelievable. But we don’t have to live like that anymore…..X

KIP.
      Participant

Good for you. I’m waking up to a beautiful peaceful day too. It will take a while for mind and body to adjust and appreciate this new peaceful life. Remember as abused people, we crave what had become our normal. Make a new ‘normal’. A new peaceful, fulfilling, safe normal for you and your family x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear Betterdays it is heartwarming to hear that you and your boys had a calm relaxing morning. That is what life should be about. Here is a brief is example of me:

During relationship: highly insecure, anxious, scared, angry, stifled, suspicious
      Out of relationship: sleep better, feeling of freedom, excited about my future, feel calm and relaxed mostly

XXXX

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content