Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

When Love Is a Lie
      He’ll berate, belittle, insult, and destroy you….
      Deceive, devalue, idolize, and ignore you…
      He’ll block you then stalk you,
      ‘til you do what he taught you
      His prize for The Lie is a chance to discard you

He’ll seduce and betray, confuse and neglect you
      Without a single regret, he intends to infect you
      In the blink of an eye, he’ll all but erase you
      (detail removed by moderator- copyright)

I am devising a responding poem where my triumph together with his destruction is what wins, it is very satisfying.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Wow, so powerful. I’m definitely going to copy and paste it. I might even laminate it to keep. That is my story in a nutshell. Nothing is as powerful as the truth. That’s why we felt as bad as we did…It was all a lie. Did you write it?

We were sleeping with the enemy, with the devil himself. Thank God we are in the process of getting away or got away. I just have to be careful who I let into my life again, be it partner, or friend (in disguise lol).

Thank you for sharing that poem with us.

Dear LONC, Serenity sent me a link recently, it has possibly been the greatest understanding that I have had why I have felt the way that I have, the poem is copied from there. I will forward the link to you x*x

Historical Rejection: Why the N********t Gives Us Up

This is the link where the poem is from. X*X

Serenity
      Participant

Powerful writing!

It is painful; but in a way it is comforting to know that the problem is in them- their world view, their views of human beings, their priorities….their over inflated view of themselves…

It is what Flower-child used to call a ‘skewed’ view of the world.

Here’s to being normal and getting back
      to being amongst normal, respectful people.

Attachment, love, worry, concern for others, history, nostalgia: all those things are normal. Real life is messy and relationships take effort- but that effort is rewarding. We aren’t abnormal to feel these things. They are abnormal not to feel them. They don’t want to make at true effort. They want to be adored for no reason! X

Thanks Serenity, i’m going to start reading Zari Ballard this weekend. X*X

Justmum
      Participant

Wow I just had to screen shot this and I intend to read it every moment I feel myself questioning whether I made the right choice by leaving him, that poem is my life, and I lived for the times he idolised and loved me, so so sad. What a waste.

Just mum, i’m so pleased that this has helped you. A lot of the poem has been removed from here due to copyright but if you look at this link, the full poem is on here. There is a lot of help available in books and videos free to watch and read on Amazon. XXXXX

Justmum
      Participant

The book that really changed my life was Lundy Bancroft Why does he do that, some body suggested it to me on here actually, and I’m not exaggerating when I say it changed my life.

I carry it around with me everywhere and constantly check it for validation that was I went through was abuse, even though a lot of it was physical I still question it! Unbelievable!

It is amazing the power of reading and absorbing information. I have found that there is just about anything to read on abuse, when I first split my favourtite ones were all of those by HG Tudor on Amazon, all about n********t behaviour. I’m out of the relationship now and have now moved onto books to try to feel comfortable with my solo life, Living Alone and Loving It by Barbara Feldon is good. You might like Guide to the Advanced Soul, though this is more positive quotations to get you through difficulties, a few in there always rescue me. Melanie Tonia Evans is a good resource to look at too. There are also loads of vidoes on You Tube which address abuse. http://www.melanietoniaevans.com

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content