Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gazebo
      Participant

How do people leave…but you don’t want to leave the house you want them to? I have two small children and don’t want to uproot them out of the house id want him to ho if I ever feel ready to do it 🙁 my docs etc have said o need to be prepared to just up and leave but o don’t want to leave the house? Dd

KIP.
      Participant

Ask yourself why you dont want to leave the house. What’s keeping you attached? Leaving a home where you were abused could be the fresh start you need. No reminders and no connection to him. No rights for him to enter your property. You could try for an occupation order if you’re determined to stay and to have him removed from the property. I did this and it gave me time to get myself together. Just make sure all your ducks are in a row. Talk to women’s aid about options. As a victim of domestic abuse your local housing have a duty of care to you x

Gazebo
      Participant

Thank you Kip. I think the reason for wanting to stay is to not uproot the children. I do have bad guilt though of when the time comes and he has to leave if he will leave even and his I would even manage the house on my own as I only work part time xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

Hey @gazebo, kids are resiliant chaps and will bounce back, you could treat it as an adventure for them? You being safe, being secure being you will be so much better for them in the long term.
      Talk to womans aid get some advice on how you can start the process. You are so much stronger and more brave than you give yourself credit for when you are ready go take that first step. X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content