Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Janedoeissad
      Participant

So today I found out I have been nominated for an award at work!! People nominated you from within the organisation. Someone thought I had done such good work they nominated ME!

This has touched me. Someone has not only thought of me, they thought long enough to decide I warranted nominating for an award and apparently there were many nominees but I have got through to the final few!!

Well, I am shocked, stunned and elated.

It does get better, things do improve and leaving was TOTALLY worth it!!

I kind of want to email him and tell him just how wrong he was about me, but I think I save my time and effort for something more positive.

brilliant. well done

backtome
      Participant

This is lovely news, well done!!

Poodlepower
      Participant

That’s great! Well done you x

KIP.
      Participant

It’s great when we are validated. Onwards and upwards. Oh what adventures we can have when we’re free. Well done to you 👍

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done and that’s brilliant news! Just shows we are all so capable and abuser’s brainwash us and others that we are not. I’m seeing now that abuser’s/bully personalities are probably jealous of us as we are so FULL of goodness, talent, empathy etc and they LACK so much. That’s why they need to bring us down, so they can feel good about themselves. They lack so much and that lack combined with their HUGE EGO makes them target us empaths. Apparently they are empty shells, good for nothing really. My barrister was right when she said that my abuser was a complete waste of space. lol

Well done to you. Our achievements and talents know no bounds when we can get the abusers out of our lives:)

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

This is great news Jane, very well done! 🙂

Poodlepower
      Participant

I’ve just returned to work after weeks off sick and the kindness of my colleagues has blown me away. I’ve been missed more than I expected I would be and after being told for months I’m “unloveable” and having him threaten to get me sacked by telling my boss how badly I treat him, it’s so nice to feel appreciated and supported by people I have worked with for years. I can’t be that bad if these people are being so nice to me 🙂

Janedoeissad
      Participant

Thank you all. Not only was I made to feel not good enough but I was never allowed to celebrate my achievements. It would be used against me, he would literally say I was behaving a certain way because of an achievement (normally doing something to him in his mind!).

I now see that I hide my achievements, in case someone has a go at me and calls me big headed. I didn’t tell anyone in my office that I had been nominated for a week (even though one of them probably nominated me!).

Loverofnocontact, someone once called my Ex a life spounge, he sucked the life and fun out of everything the same way as a sponge takes on water, I like that analogy. He was a massive life sponge.

Poodlepower, I keep having moments where I am embarrassed as I fail to see how nice people can be. These days I just assume people are going to be cruel. And I am shocked when they are really nice. I am trying to going into situations with a neutral view of people but I think that is going to take some time. In the meantime I tell people how grateful I am if they do something nice.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content