Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

From your abuser did they ever tell you that tbey wanted to sort things out come back when we had been reeled in but they never talked about anything at all just came in as though nothing Happened??? He did it for yrs…..x

SilkyHalide
      Participant

Oh yes!

SilkyHalide
      Participant

Even said once – we have made up now don’t need to go to relate

Escaped not free
      Participant

My partner got angry with me that I couldn’t move on. Told me we were to “kick on from here” after he half heartedly said sorry then carried on with the control. When he’d hurt me so much I became numb this made him angry and he couldn’t give me time. He said I made him angry because I couldn’t show him enough physical affection. I felt that hard to do because I was scared of him. It was a vicious circle that I removed my kids from. He then got worse, was arrested and given police bail to live at our house so my kids and I are now homeless. The worse part is I miss him with all my heart. They guy he was when he was doing nice. I’m so desperately desperately sad. X

Hopesprings
      Participant

Oh yes! Mine came to “say goodbye” one night, kept on “misusing his bus” then moved all his stuff back in when I was at work the next day. Looking back I was silly to even have him round but at the time felt it was the right thing to do. We live and learn I guess.

Hopesprings
      Participant

Missing not misusing

Nemo
      Participant

yep! who rapes their wife and then less than 12 hours later is on the phone declaring their undying love for them and begging to come home.

and u are completely right @betterdays, in all the phone calls, voicemails, text messages… he never once acknowledged or apologised for what he’d done, or for all the years of abuse prior to that. He sent me one msg of half-acknowledgement saying “(detail removed by moderator)” 😒

Serenity
      Participant

He was like a yo-yo for years, storming out when people didn’t treat him like a king, then coming back…

The endless abusive cycle.

He left and made out it was permanent, and I had enough and set up divorce proceedings very quickly. I was at the end of the line with his cruelty and control.

He then told my kids that if I hadn’t rushed into divorce, we could have tried to have worked things out- probably to try to make the kids blame me, but how arrogant to think I would even want to try again….

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content