Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      unsureginger
      Participant

Finally left nearly (detail removed by Moderator) ago now and he still manages to contact me. Ive blocked him on everything and he just makes new accounts to message me or put comments under my pictures. Ive got a new partner and thank god he’s understanding and never judges me or makes me feel bad about anything, but I worry this is taking a toll on him as well. I don’t know how much longer I can take this.

Eggshells
      Participant

Please come off any social media that doesn’t allow you to select a friends only option. Tbh, I’d encourage you to come off social media all together so that he can’t stalk you.

Some phones have an option to block calls from unknown numbers. It’s worth googling to see if you can do this, otherwise, please consider changing your number. I know that is a pain but it works and once you’ve decided to do it, it won’t take as long as you think to notify banks etc.

That should stop all contact. If he somehow manages to get to through after all of that, report him for harassment.

Grey Rock
      Participant

Hi.

Sorry you’re going through this.
      Steps I took were…
      Adjusting settings to Facebook that meant noone could see or comment on my profile unless they were ‘friends’ and that even then I stopped using it as far as posting anything was concerned (I have family living abroad so didn’t want to get rid of it altogether).
      I changed my numbee.
      I adjusted fb messenger settings so that only my contacts can contact me. Anything else goes into a message requests box which I check occasionally and ignore anything from him.
      I send screenshots of any attempted contact to the police.
      I told mutual friends not to pass on any messages.
      I told other friends and family to be wary of any friend requests.
      My ex ended up being given a restraining order for stalking and harassment without threat to harm.
      Going Grey Rock was the best thing I could do. It took time but things have been quiet for some time now.

GR

KIP.
      Participant

Time to contact the police. This has gone on too long and who knows what else he’s doing. Keep screenshots and details of any contact. Dates times and means. Any evidence you can get will be useful to the police. If they let you down then talk to a solicitor about a non molestation order. But it’s the job of the police to gather evidence and do something about this unwanted contact. Ring the national domestic abuse helpline for support or google anti stalking charities in your area. Paladin are one I found useful x

Living Warrior
      Participant

I had to get court orders arring contact.. tbh its best thing I did.. as said above proof keep recordings or download call messages, log everything date time incident witnesses evidence…
      It works but it got worse for me and had to have him arrested for breaches and go to court.. but since I showed him I’m willing to do all that to keep him away (every time I didn’t report or didn’t go to court he took that as I he was winning and he persisted in his harrassment) once I stood my ground he stopped..

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content