Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      reborn
      Participant

So after years of abuse, being in some dire situations,a lengthy divorce, stress, and lack of money I thought I might be free. Technically I am, no more gas lighting, punches or threats. Life has been ticking along for a while, a good few years in fact. My kids are settled but just as I think about taking a breath my wonderful abusive ex decides to have another crack at dealing out some long distance abuse. Obviously he has stopped paying his creditors again. The letters are arriving at my address. Little effort designed to cause me maximum stress. It is all a psychological mind game to him, his way of letting me know he is still in control. I can not pay off the charging order he put on my house and will not bat an eye lid at doing it again. He still owns half my home until I pay that debt. Surely it is not right for one person to take so much psychological abuse ? Imagine never being able to settle in your own home, having no financial control over your own mortgage, or being able to borrow money on your home without his signature, having a diabolical credit rating because of his actions. I am left paying a hefty mortgage so I can keep a roof over the kids heads.I am trapped in a nightmare world. I have enough financial worries of my own not to mention a very poorly sibling in hospital waiting for an operation. As next of kin I carry at lot of burden. I am well and truly sick of it all. This man will not stop until I have lost every thing or end up dead. This is psychological abuse the law can’t touch. Seriously it is a living nightmare.

Ayanna
      Participant

You need to speak to Rights of Women.
      Maybe Shelter can advise you what to do with the mortgage issues.

KIP.
      Participant

I can sympathise with being trapped using the house. Can you take him to court to force the sale of it. Or force him to relinquish his share? You can get free advice from most solicitors. Maybe try two or three and see if you get any good advice? I’m stuck here too. He won’t sign it over or let me buy him out. I’m sure he wants me to take him to court so he can financially cripple me. I’ve got to do it soon but he would sell the shirt off his own back to see me on my knees. Not a chance X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content