Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Stressedandalone
      Participant

I find that some days it’s so good to be out and then others it feels like today. The days where you miss then and can’t understand why they did what you did when you tried so hard to keep it together and make them love you. When does it get better? When does it stop hurting? Especially as they have moved on with the person they were cheating on you with. When you just want to message them so much even though they would just ignore you again. I just don’t know what to do on these bad days to feel better. It’s so lonely

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, this too shall pass. That was my mantra for bad days. Those days get less and less often and less and less painful. My ex too ‘moved on’ with the person he cheated on me with. They are parasites and he simply moved on to his next host. Abuse runs deep. It destroys our self esteem and confidence. They make our whole world about them so there’s going to be a big space to fill but you can fill that space with wonderful experiences when you’re ready. We also look to them for our validation and self worth, when they withdraw that it can feel like an addiction. Stick to zero contact and delete all his contact details in case you’re tempted to break contact. This too shall pass 💕

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content