Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone
      I’ve been no contact for (detail removed by moderator)
      I don’t miss him.
      But I feel so lonely as no one understands.
      I’m having therapy which helps.
      I just thought I’d be happier now.
      But it’s like there’s a part of me that’s so damaged I don’t know if I’ll get it back?
      Like a hole in my sole that will always be sad.
      I don’t get much time to myself
      (If any really)
      I’ve got 3 kids a toddler and teens.
      I don’t know who I am anymore.
      Police investigation seems to be holding me back as it’s always there in the back of my mind and so doubtful cps will even charge.
      Then all that energy and stress and more trauma for nothing?
      (detail removed by moderator)
      What’s the point id they don’t act promptly.
      I just feel so tired all the time
      I just want to close my eyes and not wake up

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Sending hugs, I feel the same….so lonely, CPS weren’t great for me but I am sure others have better experiences. Now facing homelessness… after everything, all the fight seems to have gone…back to auto pilot … I want to wake up and for it to be over, however my journey ends I just want it over.

Xx

Oh no! I’m so sorry for you having this on top as well.
        I have been through this. It nearly destroyed me on top of everything else.
        But I was rehoused. It’s not ideal. But much better than him knowing my location.
        Please if you need someone to talk to reach out on here and to family and friends and support services.
        Although horrendous I see it a a fresh start. Where new happy memories can begin to be made and maybe you will be able to do the same xx

wildgeese
      Participant

So sorry to hear your stories. It feels really hard to make the decision to leave and to be brave enough to carry it out, to then feel so low and tired. I understand because that is where I am too. I’m free, moved to another part of the country but I feel like you, sad lonely and wandering what it was all for.I find it helpful to read the post on Women’s Aid about what happens after you leave. It talks about how when we finally feel safe (though we may not feel totally safe) that’s when the emotional healing can begin. And of course we are tired and worn down by the stress of what we had to do. So it’s not an easy time. I still believe in time life will get much better, we will have our strength back again and we will start to thrive. Thinking of you all and sending positive vibes.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content