This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  iliketea 6 days, 5 hours ago.

  • Author
  • #107751


    Hope everyone is OK.

    My partner (ex) is saying I have to be out today. I tried speaking to letting agents yesterday but because I work part time and my salary isn’t above a threshold they said I don’t qualify for it, even if I were to get UC. I don’t have any family or friends I can stay with. Have completed a housing advice form with the council as they advised me to when I called up but don’t know what else to do.

    I have a little boy who is (detail removed by Moderator) so just need to get this sorted ASAP as it’s not what I want for him.

    Thanks for any advice

  • #107754


    Your local council should have an emergency housing line, google your council name and emergency housing/homelessness.
    Otherwise, contact the emergency duty team of social services perhaps- they can help you to find accommodation. Google your local council name and emergency duty team-child services.

    I don’t know about refuge and criteria and all of that as there’s brief information here but if you need to find your local Women’s Aid support, you can find it using the directory below. They should have a 24 hour service.
    If you don’t get responses first time when trying to get help with any of these services, leave messages with a contact number if you can.
    I hope you get some help soon.

    Domestic Abuse Directory

  • #107759

    PM (private message) the Moderator here, Lisa. She has tons of resource info at her fingertips. I know other people here do too but I want you to get guidance and advice quickly so reach out to her…

  • #107765

    @submarine55 Why is he saying you have to be out? If this is abuse, can you contact the police and get him to be removed? Im going to bump a post about how the police can help with controlling and coercive behaviour.
    You are the primary carer and mother for your very young child, you need a roof over your head. Don’t let him bully you. That is zero notice for finding somewhere to live. Can you say a bit more about your situation without giving away your identity of course, no personal details.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.


© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account