Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Purplecupcake
      Participant

So I reached out to WA today using the online chat to talk about how I can leave my abuser, but my kids started getting hungry so I’m cooking dinner, watching the kids as they are screaming and chatting at the same time, I just picked up my phone and the page refreshed erased all the conversation that I felt I was beginning to make progress in and now I can’t even go back into the chat to begin the conversation again. So now I’m just sitting in my kitchen in tears letting the rice burn because I feel like there’s no one I can turn to for help, the only time I get to myself is at the end of the day when the kids are in bed but all phone lines and chats are finished by then.

Cornflake
      Participant

Hi Purplecupcake, I’m so sorry you couldn’t continue your chat with WA online, it is so hard when you get little free time. I emailed my local WA and asked for a face to face meeting which they arranged with me via email (I met the worker in a coffee shop). Could you do that, I’m sure you could take your kids with you if you didn’t have a babysitter. Xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content