Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Starmoon
      Participant

I haven’t posted in a while, sorry for not keeping up.
      I’m no longer in an abusive relationship. My boyfriend now is lovely… we’re expecting a baby together… but it’s my dad… I work from my parents address (I don’t live there) so I have to be there a lot… my mum helps with childcare as I work a lot, she ok with it but he’s not. He makes constant digs at me and disguises it as being concerned for her.. the digs are daily- or at least when I’ve im around.. I love my mum, I’ve said I will put my children in childcare but she doesn’t want it. At the moment I’m really sick with this pregnancy… like I’m really struggling but being self employed, I can’t have time off… so when I’m actually able to sit down,I do… but he thinks I’m lazy. This morning I asked him if (detail removed by moderator) but he lost it saying I sit around all day barking orders…. I hardly ever ask anything from anyone- Especially not him. I never demand anything from anyone.. I know this may seem like nothing but I get this from him when ever I’m around… it’s hard because I work on their property. I’ve said I’ll just sit where I work until it’s time to go home but my mum doesn’t want that- she wants me around… he doesn’t though- I think he hates me sometimes.

KIP.
      Participant

I think when you take your maternity leave it would be good if you thought about changing jobs. He’s always going to resent you being around and long term it’s going to drag you down. It’s his address and he clearly doesn’t want you there. If you can carry on with child care via your mum maybe at your own address or drop your child off and pick them up. This is the time when men should step up, it’s his grand child after all and if this is how he’s behaving while you’re pregnant I wouldn’t want to be around him. Maybe use the birth of your child to reassess things x

Starmoon
      Participant

Thank you for your reply Kip. It’s hard to explain as I can’t be specific… my business is location based, I can’t easily move it and can’t afford to just give up… it’s successful and I’m so grateful of that… so I don’t want to just walk away. I unfortunately won’t be getting maternity because it’s my own business. I feel like my only option is to shut myself away where I work- as if I would if I worked somewhere else. My mum says she likes helping and has said that if I put the children in childcare, it would feel like I was punishing her… so I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content