Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Saw my gp today. Couldn’t get an appointment myself other than in the middle of the day, so the police’s dv charity got this one for me. Complete waste of my time. But if I want to I can self refer to the local Wellbeing programme which runs courses for people who are around during the day.

Can you actually get any support at all if you work? I feel like I’m falling apart here and no one will help me.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there,

I totally get you. It’s all, ‘well done for working, by the way, all the support is while you are at work’. I managed to really annoy my work by taking time off to go to a group.

Escapedbuthaunted
      Participant

It does feel like that doesn’t it!
      I’m really lucky we can work flexible hours or work from home which makes it easier to fit my work around appts but I do worry that people will think I’m just skivving when in actual fact I probs work harder to ale up for it then I would if on office!
      I don’t know what u do but is it an option to ask if you could work more flexibly one day a week to be able to attend a course?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content