Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m just not the same person anymore. I know who I was was naive, overly-trusting etc but she was also happy and always looked for the good in the bad. These days I can’t even find the good in the good; I’m always thinking someone’s being kind to me to later hurt me, I’m sceptical and looking for ways that something could go wrong. The world just doesn’t seem as colourful anymore but grey and flat. Though I’m glad I’m not as trusting anymore, I don’t want to feel this way, I miss who I was. I was actually happier when I was in a DA relationship as my children were with me. They’ve been taken due to exposure to DA and I regret telling anyone; if I’d not said anything my kids would still be with me and I’d still be happy.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello SweetDisposition,

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling sad. I just wanted to show you some support. How you are feeling is totally understandable. Please get plenty of support from your local Women’s Aid group, perhaps some counselling and even speak to your GP about how you are feeling. I hope with the right support in place you can start to feel stronger and happier and your children can return to you.

Sending you best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content