Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mummyboo
      Participant

I think I’ve been quite good and staying strong since I left. I’ve always confirmed that I am noir going back despite all the begging he has done. Last week I went to see about starting the divorce process. Ever since there I’ve been really sad, I still don’t want to go back so I don’t know what is making me feel like this. Is this normal?

Mummyboo
      Participant

I left it too long to edit my post but I meant not instead of noir

Tiffany
      Participant

Everyone describes leaving as an emotional rollercoaster. I don’t think we understand that until we have been through it though. Periods of sadness are normal. So are periods of happiness. And anger and anxiety and others besides. It’s also unpredictable. I have done big exciting things that I expect to feel happy about and then been really anxious. I have been convinced that I am over him and then felt really sad. Just try not to let your emotions rule your actions too much – keep doing what you know logically is the right thing and keep maintaining no contact as much as possible. It gradually gets better.

KIP.
      Participant

You are entitled to feel sad. We still have to grieve for what we thought we had. Grieve for the future we though we were going to have with our partners. Grieve for the good parts, of which I’m sure there were many or we wouldn’t have fallen for these monsters. Yes, embrace the sadness but then let it go. Let the sadness go and replace it with hope and excitement for all the good things that you’re future holds. Happiness doesn’t depend on him. We make our own happiness x hang in there. This too shall pass x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content