Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      AssisiB
      Participant

He knows all my passwords as I know his. I check his emails, why because when I see stuff I get angry.

I think it’s because it’s so final. Once all that is done it’s the final nail in he coffin. I should want that nail in the coffin but I can’t bring myself to do it nor can I block his emails. It’s like an addiction I want to stop but can’t

Emmlogan
      Participant

So you have a choice. Keep the lid of the coffin (interesting choice of words by the way) a little bit open and let the abuse and control and all the other stuff that means you are posting on a W.A forum keep leaking out and filling your new found freedom with horribleness and anxiety OR show him you are the kind of woman he never thought you could be. Change those passwords, do it today, do it now. Get a huge (metaphorical) hammer and nail that coffin lid on so tightly, it will never come off again, and then walk away, chin up, chest out, smile on your face. If you were strong enough to leave, you are strong enough to do this last bit of tidying up. Oh and ask yourself, why hasn’t he changed his passwords? Mmmmmmmmm, could it maybe because he knows the control he is still afforded if he doesn’t. Go in girl, make everyone even more proud. Get them all changed and then come back on here and tell us all about how amazing you feel so we can raise a collective glass to your courage 💟

AssisiB
      Participant

Thanks for the message. I’m posting here to get the courage from ladies like you.

After easing your reply I sat and thought about why I hadn’t. I think it’s because he ended it with me. You see I wasn’t strong enough to leave, I would have stayed and stayed and stayed. Trying to fix “our” (his) problems because there is nothing more than I wanted is for him to be the loving sweet guy he is, rarely sadly because he always manages to add in things like (detail removed by Moderator) oh right thanks!

I know it’s all wrong. I know I should be say f you. I don’t know why I’m so weak and I can’t do it. I’m strong in some ways but others not.

I managed to change my (detail removed by Moderator) but that’s because he changed his.

I hope I can still reply n post on W.A even though I haven’t hit the nail in the coffin yet, please forgive me for doing it. I miss feel useless

AssisiB
      Participant

* not

Confused123
      Participant

Change the password Hun , cause u value yourself and are walking away from the control , why let him have access to your emails and find something confidential
      and use it against u

AssisiB
      Participant

Hey confused123,

I’ve made progress! He had my password to find my iPhone. So I went in and removed it. He can now no longer see where I am. Still working on the email one. I don’t really have anything on it he can do anything with.

I’m getting there – slowly but surely

X

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

just take it to a mobile phone shop or somewhere like maplin and ask them to show u if any devices have been added to your phone to track your movement , make your your location is not shared from mobile and as for changing password , when u sign in go to privacy setting and change your password and change your security measurement so his email is not down as a second confirmation

Tiffany
      Participant

With access to your email address he can change your passwords to a lot of stuff – so many websites let you just click a button saying ‘I have forgotten my password’ and it will send a link with which you can change your password to your email address, which they assume is secure. I changed my passwords on everything – even stuff I didn’t think he knew, just in case, after I realised he had been accessing my facebook page after we split up. I hadn’t known he had my password. If I had I would have changed it sooner.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content