Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tuppance
      Participant

Why? I don’t understand it. I had hoped for a mature discussion and maybe some tears but an agreement. A sense of having taken some responsibility. I think he thinks I am too pathetic and weak . I am pathetic and weak but I didn’t used to be and I want to find out what it’s like to be the old me again. He asked me why I am still miserable – I thought the tablets would help sort that out. He turned on me when I told him his behaviour had broken me and I wanted out. He used thenkids against me. He complains I don’t hug him or kiss him and then he says let’s just sort things out 50/50 but I have fallen into that trap before – thinking he meant it and when I foolishly trusted him at his word, he turned. And yet ……. he says he loves me. He thought he would grow old with me……. I can’t believe how you can love someone and treat them so badly at times – I want this all to end and go away and I am scared.

KIP.
      Participant

Because they are not reasonable people. They will lie to,your face. Use your children. Destroy your mental health and then blame you for it. They couldn’t care less about your needs. The only person they care about is themselves. When you understand this, it makes it easier to get out. If you stay he will utterly destroy you and then say it was your own fault. Forget reasonable. Save yourself. He doesn’t love you. Love doesn’t hurt people. Abusers think of love as control. It’s not the same. Please get in touch with women’s aid and get a worker to help sort through the head games. You need help to get away. He will never change and abusers only get worse. He will never take responsibility. They don’t have the same thought process or moral compass as us. Please keep working on your exit plan ❤️

KIP.
      Participant

I was put on medication which made it easier for him to abuse me. The tablets only help,the symptoms. He is the cause and you will never get better whilst living with the cause of your mental illness. Don’t negotiate of compromise. Just leave and let the lawyers deal with him X

Ayanna
      Participant

Well, he thought he found the perfect victim to abuse until his old age.
      But you will not do him this favour.
      You will leave.

He does not love you, even if he says so. He mistakes love with control and sadism from his more powerful position that you allowed him to have gained over you.

You can reverse this. You can remove his power and gain back the control over yourself and your life by leaving him.

Carry on with your plans and leave soon.

Keep posting. You will be strong again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content