Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      FlowersAfterFloods
      Participant

I have escaped but my life just feels like it has been put on pause. I wish I never met him. The only blessing is that he never managed to impregnate me.

He was meant to look after me and all he ever did was use me and let me down.

Why did he have to choose me? Why do my friends get to be with men who are kind to them, but I don’t? It makes me feel like I’m not meant to be loved, or be alive. I’m a punching bag for other people and nothing more.

Sorry

KIP.
      Participant

You have nothing to apologise for. It’s not personal. Your abuser could be my abuser. They simply go looking for prey like a predator does x it will get better and you won’t always feel this way 💕

FlowersAfterFloods
      Participant

Thank you. I’m just really trying not to become prey again but the new man I met has broken my heart. Feeling very alone today.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Abusers usually target kind and giving people. He saw the beauty in you and took advantage of you.

It might help you to learn a little about abusers and why they target the women they do. When you feel ready, there are lots of books, videos and awareness programmes that the ladies can recommend.

You deserve love and you deserve to be treated well. That will happen. Take some time now just to get in touch with yourself and to learn how to make sure that your kind nature is treasured and not abused. xx

KIP.
      Participant

The Freedom Programme is worth doing. Contact your local women’s aid or the national domestic abuse helpline x

FlowersAfterFloods
      Participant

I have bought ‘Why does he do that’ and ‘Living with the dominator’ and they are helpful, could you link any videos? I can’t find much on youtube.

I really appreciate your message, its easy for me to forget that I deserve love on days like this

gettingtired
      Participant

Dr Ramani has some great videos on YouTube I’d really recommend x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content