Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      savingthestars
      Participant

Hi

Just a wonder, I was wondering why adoptive parent/birth parents sever ties with children?

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, it’s a painful topic for many of us who have had children with abusers and those children carry on the abuse. I had to cut off contact with my son because not only did his behaviour trigger me but for my own mental health. I stayed with my abuser until my son was late teens so I suppose he’s not a child but when there is influence from an abuser it’s such a difficult place to find yourself. Under these circumstances there’s only one person to blame and that’s the perpetrator of abuse. There will be many many reasons why parents sever ties with children. I’m sure some women will do it because they think they’re protecting the child. Is so complicated x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi

I think very little is known about the extremes of hell that some women are pushed to when they arrive at that point where to walk away from their children seems the only or best way out.

Its also very common for abusive fathers to threaten women until they leave the children, and divide children from the bond with their mother, and mother from child. parental alienation is very common for abusers, and it sometimes, maybe often, irreversible.

Are you ok? do you feel this way?

warmest wishes

TS

Eggshells
      Participant

I think that there can be all sorts of reasons but almost invariably they don’t feel that they have any other choice. Usually Circumstances beyond their control force them into it.

savingthestars
      Participant

my ex calls me the alienator… I am unsure of what to do for the best or why Id even be thinking like this

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content