Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Bad for not getting him a birthday card from his son? It’s not something I would normally do. It’s not usually in my nature. But he didn’t care about me nearly (detail removed by Moderator) mnths ago when it were mine. In fact he we’re stood in the pub saying he’s broke. I’m probably being silly. X

Serenity
      Participant

Because you are a good person.
      But you were too good for him. X

Last year was the first time I never celebrated my husband’s birthday. It felt both terrible and good.
      I remember too well how he constantly blames me for “screwing” up every celebration…he will cause a reaction but I am the one responsible…duh?

Don’t feel bad. You have a conscience and a good kind personality. He doesn’t.

godschild
      Participant

This year is the first year I have not acknowleged my Husbands birthday , He has wrecked so many things that I have tried to do for years and this year I felt nothing at all on his recent birthday, didnt even wish him happy birthday, he has thrown presents that I got for him, told me over and over that I am the last person he wants a card form well this year he got his wish, he has killed dead my feelings, I have tried and tried ot do nice things for years despite the abuse.
      They know that we are kind hearted and normal and will take and take and not think anything of it, you are a decent caring person that why you feel bad, I have relented over and over after his abuse to give him birthday things but eventually they kill it all, let your Son decide when he is older what he wants to do when he is old enough to do it himself x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content