Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      livingonaprayer
      Participant

I’m not having a great week. Every hurdle possible has been thrown at me. It doesnt help that although i’m out i’m still being made to feel responsible for the decision i made. I know its the right one but he makes me feel on edge alot. He wants to see me. He still text me telling me we made a mistake. We should give it a go for our childs sake. How i’ve disapointed him. All the usual things to make me feel like c**p. I’m trying to get the message through that i’ve actually moved out..Its over but he constantly tells me he misses me & saying he’s done so much for me over the last year. I’m just fed up of living my life like i still owe him. I cant go no contact although i should be setting bounderies but he still has this hold on me probably cos we have a child together. I’m hoping it will all work out but just felt like a good old moan! Xc

KIP.
      Participant

He has programmed you to feel responsible for him. Thats the kind of tactics abusers use. Obligating you. Youre going to need help to get him out of your life. Contact your local womens aid for advice. Ring the helpline. These men are most dangerous when we try to end things. I just didnt see the final assault coming.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

you are being so strong to be able to stand up to this and it would all be so much easier to handle without any contact from him. Can you block him and tell him to stop contacting you, to accept its over and if he doesn’t stop then you will report him? Depending on your circumstances this might not be safe for you to do, so make sure that you will be safe first.

he won’t accept its over, and you need to keep working at extricating yourself from any situation with him to rescue yourself!

warmest wishes xx ks

Confused123
      Participant

hi hun

seriously just block him, u need the thinking space to get him out of your head, my ex did the same when i left , please do not beleive that c**p line which furiurates me when they stay for the kids, this is how kids get impacted emotionally. You are doing this to protect u and the kids, go withyour gut that u made this choice and it is for the best. He will throw every guilt tatic possible at u , yes he prob has doen lots for u, im sure u have done loads for him too, i felt likethat too, our realtionship was based on favours and what we haddone for each another, stay out of the relationship

livingonaprayer
      Participant

Thank you. I went to see my women’s aid worker today. She was saying how proud she was of me, how I looked better and we talked about things. She said I do need to set boundaries. I’m not responsible for him. As much as I feel like I am because of how long we were together I should remember the part he played in why I ended it. He’s now avoiding me, acting sad, probably for a reaction. But I must be strong. It won’t last long, he’ll text sooner or later but I feel if I block him it’ll make matters worse.he likes to play on the fact we have children together.but I’m going to push on through. I’m not selfish or mean I’m Trying to protect myself (that’s what I keep saying to myself anyway) x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content