Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

I know I mentioned it earlier but I’m terrified of these dark nights coming. Even in this house I can see him walking round in his massive dressing gown and lying in the bed watching tv grinning I hate him xxxxxxx

The mind plays funny tricks on us. Today I thought I saw my ex partner from (detail removed by moderator) years ago, he was really horribly psychically violent. But I was sure it was him. But in reality I don’t think it was him. I think i’ve got this thing in my head at the moment about abusive men and I am seeing them or dreaming about them. But its not real. I think its the minds way of sorting everything out. X*X

Malaya
      Participant

That’s so weird, I come down the stairs expecting him to be lying on the sofa. Sometimes I’m so sure I’ve heard him cough or footsteps coming up the stairs. Each time it brings that awful feeling of panic

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

I get that aswell, what if he is out there doing it to other women.

Makes it worst that a work colleague of mine said they thought they saw him in my locally town. Police tell me he would of done something by now

Malaya
      Participant

I’ve found out my ex has a girlfriend, I feel no jealousy or hurt, just disgust for him and pure pity for her. He will be love bombing her now, making her feel wonderful and the poor cow doesn’t know what is coming

I felt that too Malaya, I expect my ex to be at least on woman no. 5 by now. I think men move in really quickly, as in days. But the thing is, this moving on cannot be sincere based on healthy feelings can it. Based on them meeting someone, enjoying their company, getting on, having mutual interests. I think its more like to be based on getting laid, feeling flattered by attention, feeling like a man if the woman likes his attention. It all seems to be really shallow. These sort of liaisons only normally last a couple of months.

Malaya
      Participant

It’s crazy how after a couple of weeks of us separating he was taking women out. Our marriage was many, many years and he moves on like that! They just function so differently to normal people!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content