Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

He’s going to come walking through the door? It’s just haunting me forever all the time. X

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi BD

Its because your on hypa alert, our brain works on overtime trying to think of their next move before they do it.

I feel that my abuser won’t come through my bedroom door, but I still use a door brace and keep an alarm and mobile beside in while I sleep. Over kill probably but it gives me comfort.

FS xx

betterdays
        Participant

Hi falling sky’s yes I once had a key lock yrs ago on my b.room door I couldn’t sleep unless I locked myself in at night I used to have my lamp lit. I’ve been more affected than I think x

Hopesprings
      Participant

When he first moved out for good I always thought he was standing outside my window. He wasn’t but it took me a while to shake that feeling off. There’s still nights where I get that feeling. It’ll just take time to fully shake things off xx

betterdays
        Participant

Hi hope springs thanks for your post. Yes I used to think he were on ladders outside my b.room window. Over the back from me is a field I used to think he were in there watching me. I feel I’ve totally lost it. X

Serenity
      Participant

It’s because you’ve seen him, he’s waved at your son and hooted, etc.

All that is triggering.

Something I did which helped was imagine a scenario in my head where I faced him and told him exactly what I thought of him. In my imagined scenario, he backed down and looked scared!

They all this creative visualisation- using the imagination to go through a scenario where you are strong, etc…

It helped me X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content