Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi All,

My phychiatric nurse was supposed to call me last (detail removed).. of course she didn’t, but the support worker from mental health left me a voicemail to say call her.. I called left a voicemail.. text her Thursday, Friday and Monday morning.. finally I called the reptionist and she put me through to support worker.. she said she doesn’t answer her phone Thursdays and Friday as she s off.. I said I didn’t know..
      Left her a message this morning..No answer, I’ve just text her to ask physchiatric nurse if I can see her this Thursday..
      I’m fed up of this, I start to get panicky, I’ve already got no support..
      I’ve left a message for WA today to see if they can call me tomorrow.. let’s see if they do.. I want to see if I can get a DA support worker..
      I’m so fed up of having no support again.. why have i got to keep fighting.. It makes me feel.worse than I already do…
      I’ve been told to ask my gp for a social worker Adult social care for vulnerable adult..
      Got to get in the docs first..
      Sending hugs x*x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Woolly, I’m saddened to hear you’re having a hard time in getting support. Till you do, keep posting on here. PM anyone of us.
      You’re doing so much better than you realise, hugs to you too.
      IWMB đź’žđź’ž

KIP.
      Participant

I’m sure there are good ones out there and when you do find one the grab onto them and hold on. Some of them show a huge lack of understanding about people with anxiety but it’s also just plain rude. It’s basic manners to ring when you say you will and it very much frustrates me too. I had to explain to a nurse who was doing my assessment for benefits. I wrote and told them I needed the first appointment as I suffered from panic attacks. I got the first appointment but She kept me waiting for 20 minutes and when I was finally called I was in a terrible state. When I told her how I wrote I needed the first appointment she said it was the first one and well it took her 20 minutes to read your notes! Know your own mental health and work out a support plan you can control. Let her know how it makes you feel when she is rude and doesn’t call when he she says she will.

Cecile
      Participant

Putting it in writing is invaluable, if you can do that first. better than waiting in hope!xx

MeOnScreen
      Participant

Hi Woolly!
      I’m so sorry to hear you’re having a tough time getting the help you deserve.
      I had the same issue with a therapist I booked. I tried calling and emailing her although she never replied! Even a simple “sorry I have no space to take on new clients” who have done.
      My friend is a psychiatrist and she said something very important to me. Just like there are good and bad people in all careers there are good and bad therapists. Keep pushing for the right one for you please please don’t stop.
      My abuse ex went years ago to a bad therapist for his anger. The therapist was terrible and just told him “your anger all over nothing really isn’t it?” Then just shrugged. My ex stormed out and said he would never go to a therapist again and left a path of destruction. Can’t help but think how it would have been so different if he had a good therapist.
      Please keep trying and until you get that good one we are all here to help as much as well can! Xx

diymum@1
      Participant

Hi wool xx

I get bad anxiety too at times. I’m at the point where I feel I deserve these services. I’m a pain in the arse! The secret is keep going everyday. Call he surgery ask the nurse to call u back. If she dosent chase her up. Keep persisting. I made a note of everyone I needed help from and ticked it off after I made contact especially if I felt anxious that day my brain went to mush. I think you’ve made great progress already reaching out xx to me you sound abit better xx keep going your doing great You just don’t know it yet xx love diymum

Woollymammal
      Participant

Thank you for all your replies, I think I may be feeling a little better..Maybe it’s because I know all his tricks of abuse..
      I’ve hopefully sorted out the problems with my physchiatric nurse, I called her Wednesday after no response, to be told I’ve got an appointment an hour later with her.. I did tell them I know your busy but do u realise how much anxiety and panic they give me when they don’t answer or call me..
      I’ve got another appointment on Monday too..
      Sending hugs
      X*x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content