Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

Ive just read this book cover to cover. wow this is all 3 off my relationships to be honest just in different shades. its made me wonder are abusers a large percentage off men. what a worry – the first thing i will be doing when my daughter is off age will be to read this book. So abusers are scewed thinkers and everything comes back to them being self satisfied at any cost to the other person. they see their wife and kids as alot smaller than them as in they dont matter as much as he does. they are people to be avoided because their collateral damage always gets worse and the women and children are damaged the annoying thing is they are not! not sure why i read this book again i guess i found it hard reading the first time. its the truth layed out which is still hard to digest even after all off this time. the way an abuser thinks is so useful to know in dealing with them. there main flaws being ownership – entitlement and getting kicks out off destroying there family. all calculated and always in control even through alcohol and drugs all an excuse to take power xx wow i think i hate men!!

love diymum

KIP.
      Participant

Hey this is interesting but please don’t hate men. There are good decent men out there and I’ve met a few on this journey. My dad, my brothers in law, a police officer. Don’t let abuse taint your view on good men too.
      When I saw the word ‘entitlement’. I heard about research recently on violence and the common thread with the most violent behaviour was entitlement. I’m sure you said you’d read a book on this recently. Many children are being raised with a sense of entitlement, sadly my son is included in this and I wonder if we are storing up trouble for the next generations?

lover of no contact
      Participant

My mum was the abuser and so was her mum. My grandad and my dad (who were abused by these women) were beautiful human beings.

In my workplace there are so many women abusers who I know go home to abuse their husbands at night.

Abusers can be either sex as can Empaths (the people abusers target).

HunkyDory
      Participant

It’s a great book. I’m reading a lot at the moment. I’m currently on one called “Power” by Shahida Arabi. That’s interesting as well. Xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content