Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

My ex who has residency has now decided I’m not allowed to see my daughter through the week because I let her take (detail removed by moderator) to play with! This isn’t the first time he’s threatened our time together over something so minor. I keep calling the police to report his control and each time, as soon as I explain I’m not resident parent, they have this view that he’s just expressing what he wants for his child or that he didn’t technically threaten me directly so there’s nothing to report. I hate this. This will break my girls heart and it really just seems like he’s punishing her as now she’s not allowed to have her mammy take her to school

fizzylem
      Participant

Hi SD, I kind of get this, because I am resident so in their eyes its a parental disagreement and he gets the final say, as I would. So, what to do when this happens then? Looks like the police are saying they can only help if he threatens you, harrasses you or if there is a crime – this tells me they are the wrong agency to help with this then – so who is?

If he’s stopping contact this is child abuse, when there is no safeguarding reasons – could you call the NSPCC? Bet they’d get it. The lipstick thing isnt the issue here is it, it’s the stopping contact with mum, shows us clearly though how he is enjoying playing God.

Is it set out in an order when she is supposed to see mum? If so, can you google what to do if he doesnt get her to her contact time with mum when there is an order in place? Pretty sure you could go back to court and ask them to deal with this? I’ve read it, just dont know what happens or how you do it because I’ve not needed to.

You could call childrens services and ask for advice, but the service you get from a charity, I imagine, would be more helpful, more attentive, understand it better; these government childrens services seem to be a bit hit and miss for me.

Barnardos might be another?

Hoping you’ve got some good support; you could do with some help re how to get her back hey x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content