Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Working on myself and thinking it through so why I attract a certain type of person

Looking back its been very lonely as I don’t believe anyone in my life has been genuine there’s been ulterior motive to what they have wanted.

Father abusive
      School bullied
      Work bullied
      Work sexually assaulted and groomed at young age
      Male friend’s abusive, only friends as wanted more from me
      Boyfriend’s
      Husband
      My friends past and present are somewhat too and not close friends. I don’t have a friend to give me a hug or who I can just see in a time of need. I’ve been used by them or friendships have been strange or even full on interfering ones. I had one close friend when I was first with my husband but lost her as both our husbands got involved and it broke down. I believe her situation with her husband was like mine and so friendship lost as husbands didn’t like our friendship.

I’m aware growing up in the environment at home has damaged my self esteem and more.

I’m lucky the relationships with my children and my mother are good.

minimeerkat
      Participant

i have had most of the same experiences so have felt exactly the same
      its not easy because it takes a lot of courage & strength to really see what has been happening & why – especially if in your heart you want things to be different from now on
      but with the right support it can be done
      you are so very lucky to have a few really special relationships in your life, because these will help you to feel good about yourself. they will help you see what healthy honest relationships are all about. as you will feel safe, loved & respected which is absolutely essential – and how every other important relationships in your life should be x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content