Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MilkTray
      Participant

One thing, I don’t understand is why… why one moment someone can be the most amazing person in your life, then after they cheat, lie and being violent with us? Why do they stick to us?

If they don’t love us, likes someone else, is attracted to other females or hates us so much to be violent- why at the same time they won’t let us go??

Why they try to keep us??!! if they hate us so much, but say they love us? I really really don’t understand..

Tiffany
      Participant

They get a kick out of hurting us. It’s about having power over someone. Either because it turns them on, or because they are more interest in power than anything else. The more they can show us they hate us without leaving, the greater their power over us. It takes time and effort to get that kind of control. If they let us go thru have to put all that effort in to gain that level of power over someone else. Also I think once they put the effort in to control you to this extent they basically think they own you. They are like jealous children, they don’t want to play with their old toys, but no one else can have them.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Yes Tiffany is right.

I believe because for them it isn’t about loving their partner, it is about controlling their partner. We are focusing on love in a relationship, and respect etc but their focus is how much can I bent you to my will.
      They do not love anyone, only themselves, and I’m not even sure they do, otherwise they would possess enough integrity to not abuse others.
      When they say they love us, they are actually saying “ I love controlling you, I love the control I have over you, I appreciate the power I exercise over you” this is why they can look us in eye with such sincerity when they say I love you.
      Why they become so nasty and cruel is beyond me, it must be their inner utterly ugly self showing, this is the only explanation I’ve got. And when you see that nasty side, believe it to be real, this is who they really are.
      Not sure it makes sense…

fizzylem
      Participant

Yes it’s about winning and trying to destroy you, teach you a lesson, punish you. Taking pleasure from causing pain and suffering. Being on top. Control, control, control.

Left me thinking that he never really loved me in the first place, because he simply doesnt have the capacity to love.

We don’t hurt what we love do we, we treasure it.

In my case he reacted to his emotions and was a slave to his ego, which, when I’m not in the line of fire, I really pity. It’s no way to live. It’s pure selfishness really.

Fudgecake
      Participant

That’s a good description Hopelifejoy.
      I don’t think they like themselves much or anything else infact. Full of hate and bitterness in my opinion. How can you love another if you don’t love/like yourself?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content