Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi ladies,
      Ok so why is he giving me money when ive virtually been penniless.. why is he being extra nice?… I felt a little pang of affection towards him the other day, then I suddenly thought I don’t want those feelings for a man who’s done such terrible things too me..I think I’ve got my brain Sussed and put as many pieces of abuse to convince my brain..So why suddenly be like throwing money at me..
      On the other hand he didn’t like the fact I bought only my children and grandchildren presents.. because there seemed to be no money.. but he was going to.work.. but suddenly going to work and suddenly there is money..?
      Sending hugs x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Its the cycle of abuse. They throw us crumbs to keep us hooked in. He doesn’t get credit for doing what a decent partner would do anyway. Concentrate on his dysfunction and abuse and don’t be hooked into the Mr Nice act. He will know now and again he needs to make an effort to prevent you leaving. That’s all it’s about. He’s still the nasty controlling abuser he always was.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

And save the money he’s giving you for your exit plan. And ask him for more since he seems to be (fake) generous all of a sudden.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content