Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

I’ve been raped multiple times by different people. I’ve gaslighted myself, used the excuses and blamed myself excessively. I wasn’t sexually abused as a child. My early experiences were abusive. I’ve been reminded of another incident and I’m not sure whether or not to report it.

I was abused as a child though not sexually. How did I come to believing that my body isn’t my own and I don’t matter?

I’ve done all sorts of courses with Women’s Aid and other agencies. It doesn’t touch the sides. I’m really struggling.

maddog
      Participant

Am I alone with this? Just spoken to Samaritans. Have spoken to Rape Crisis. I’m at a loss. I don’t know what to do any more

Anonymous
      Inactive

Your not alone .I have found it so hard to admit to myself that I was raped. I don’t even like typing that word.you do matter and how you feel matters no one has the right to do this to another person.all I can suggest is keep talking because when your talking your no longer staying silent.
      Am sorry am not much use on this subject but wanted you to know your not alone

maddog
      Participant

Thank you so much for responding, determinedtobehappy. Rape is a horrible word. In my mind’s eye, I still imagine rape and pillage as acts of war, or a woman being dragged into a bush. Of course it’s not like that. I haven’t described the incidents as rape. Other people have told me that it was.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content